1 WHO WE ARE
The Scottish Government is the devolved government for Scotland and had its headquarters at St Andrew’s House, Regent Road, Edinburgh EH1 3DG.
2 HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
This privacy statement explains how the getcheckedearly.org website collects and uses personal information about you to provide you with services. In general terms, getcheckedearly.org collects and uses personal information about you to:
- to provide you with services, activities or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- to provide you with the most user-friendly online navigation experience;
- we may also show you relevant advertising on third party sites;
- to use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the general location (country or city) of users to block disruptive use, and to establish the number of visits from different countries;
- for analysis and research purposes so that we may improve the services offered by getchekcedearly.org. This can include using geo-demographic information from external sources, where this helps us ensure we are making something for everyone;
- we may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
2.1 WE COLLECT FROM YOU WHEN YOU:
- visit our website (including cookies, IP addresses, hostnames and search engine);
- use our social media channels (Twitter, Instagram and Facebook); * If you contact us, we collect your email address, contact phone number, relevant type of cancer and any other personal data contained in your message. If you contact us asking for information, we may need to contact other government bodies to find that information. Once you have received a reply, we will keep a record of your message for a maximum of three months for reference and audit purposes, after which it will be deleted unless otherwise in order to stay in contact with you about supporting the work of getcheckedearly.org.
2.2 LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
2.3 GOOGLE ANALYTICS & DOUBLECLICK
At an advertiser's discretion, Google Analytics data may be examined in concert with data about getcheckedearly.org ads that have been shown using the Google Display Network or DoubleClick for Advertisers. Thus, getcheckedearly.org can understand how anonymous users interacted with the advertiser's website after seeing getcheckedearly.org ads.
Getcheckedearly.org may use this data to inform and optimize our ad campaigns.
Users may opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page or visitors may opt out of our use of Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics Opt-out page.
2.4 GOOGLE ANALYTICS & REMARKETING
2.5 SOCIAL MEDIA
Getcheckedearly.org uses a variety of social media channels and any data captured by getchckedearly.org via these channels will be done so with your consent.
Social channels we use can be found below:
We use the Facebook Tracking Pixel fbevents.js on this website. This Cookie is placed by Facebook. It enables the website to measure, optimise and build audiences for advertising campaigns served on Facebook. In particular, it enables us to see how our users move between devices when accessing the website and Facebook, to ensure that the Facebook advertising is seen by our users most likely to be interested in such advertising by analysing which content a user has viewed and interacted with on the website. To opt-out please see https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences
3 WHEN WILL GETCHECKEDEARLY.ORG CONTACT ME?
Getcheckedearly.org may contact you in relation to any service, activity or online content to ensure that getcheckedearly.org can deliver services or in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make to getcheckedearly.org.
4 YOUR RIGHTS
You have a right of access to any personal data we hold about you, by making a Subject Access Request (SAR).
In addition, if you believe that the data we hold is inaccurate or incomplete you can ask us to update our records. If you are unhappy with the way in which we process your personal data you can request that we stop or restrict the processing we complete using your personal data or ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you.
In some circumstances we may not be able to comply with your request. This is because some of these rights are conditional and can only be applied in certain circumstances and/or where there is no compelling reason to continue to process your personal data.
The Data Protection Officer Data Protection and Information Assets Team V Spur Saughton House Broomhouse Drive Edinburgh EH11 3XD
You can also report any concerns here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/